Could you make a donation to teach Egyptian Christians to read and provide Bibles – so they can shine a light in their troubled nation?
This is a literacy project, so your gift is tax deductible.
Rawhaya, 53, has seven grown-up children. But Rawhaya herself never went to school. “Not even for one day,” she said, sadly. “I was upset, because my family could all tell stories from the Bible, but not me.” She joined our literacy class – and it changed everything. “I was glad, so glad, to read the Bible for the first time,” said Rawhaya. “When I learned the word of God I felt happiness and comfort.”
How you can help
- $45 can teach three people to read and give them Bibles
- $88 provides Bible material to Egyptian children
- $135 can help set up a literacy class and provide a Bible for every student
2. Download this information sheet and share it with your church
3. Copy and paste this paragraph onto your social media sites or include it in your church newsletter
Help Egyptian Christians shine a light. Four million Christians in Egypt can’t read – so the Bible is a closed book for them. You can teach them to read and provide Bibles. You’ll strengthen the church in this troubled nation, and equip Christians to shine God’s light this Christmas. Visit biblesociety.org.au/light or call 1300 242 537.
- Pray that Egyptian Christians would be enriched as they learn to read and write.
- Pray the Bible will change lives as people engage and grapple with its message.
- Pray the Church will be strengthened in Egypt, and shine a light in this nation.