There are currently two positions available at Bible Society Australia:
Location: Macquarie Park, Sydney
Bible Society Australia (BSA) is an Australian not-for-profit charity dedicated to making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, in a format they can use, and at a price they can afford. Founded in 1817, BSA is part of a fellowship of 146 Bible Societies around the world. The mission of BSA is to translate, publish, distribute and engage people with the Bible, both in Australia and internationally.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this is a key hands-on role in the Bible Society finance team providing support for operations around Australia.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Preparation of monthly management reports, the annual budget, and assist in the preparation of annual financial accounts and reports;
• Supervising key functions of the finance team, including accounts payable, accounts receivable bank reconciliations and payroll; including entering and approving invoices, journals and payments in BSA finance systems TechnologyOne and Netsuite;
• Preparing and reviewing tax compliance particularly in the areas of BAS, DGR donations, and FBT;
• Reviewing/preparing general ledger reconciliations, including balance sheet, fixed asset and payroll reconciliations, and ensuring that these are completed within the required timeframes;
• Ensuring you have a good working knowledge of the accounting systems we are using and continue to invest time in learning and improving your knowledge of these systems so that you are able to help and train others in these; and
• Assisting with other tasks of the finance team as required.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have:
• You will be CA/CPA qualified or approaching qualification, with five years’ experience. You will be adaptable by nature, and have the ability to form excellent working relationships with finance and non-finance staff.
• Enjoy the detail with taking pride in accuracy.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Flexibility – able to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks.
• Team player and ability to achieve tight deadlines.
• High level of quality assurance skills and the capacity to quickly identify, analyse and resolve problems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills so that information exchange is effective with internal staff, donors, management and other stakeholders.
• Advanced PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, in particular Excel.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience considered desirable:
• Proven Office / Staff Management skills
• Experience with TechnologyOne and/or Netsuite software
If this role sounds like you we would like to hear from you.
Please email a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria, listed above, to [email protected]
Volunteer Position: Church Agent
Advocate for the work of Bible Society in your church community
Hours flexible to suit your lifestyle
Sydney metropolitan locations
Bible Society Australia (BSA) is an Australian not-for-profit charity dedicated to making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, in a format they can use, and at a price they can afford. Founded in 1817, BSA is part of a fellowship of 152 Bible Societies around the world. The mission of BSA is to translate, publish, distribute and engage people with the Bible, both in Australia and internationally.
We are currently looking for people who are passionate about the Bible and willing to advocate for its importance in their community. This is a great opportunity to use a small amount of your time and people skills in your church community to help more people around the world gain access to the Bible.
The purpose of this position is to be a spokesperson for the work of BSA within your church community. The objective is to build relationships, good will and partnerships to aid the ongoing mission of BSA. This includes but is not limited to-
- Connecting with people in your church community about the work of BSA.
- Mobilising a network of people to pray via the BSA Prayer Partners program.
- Promotion of BSA events, fundraising and other activities in your local Christian community.
- Fundraising for BSA through connections with your church mission and aid committee and promotion of BSA’s regular appeals.
- Facilitation of other partnership opportunities where relevant and in conjunction with your local BSA Church and Community Relations Coordinator.
If this role sounds like you we would like to hear from you!
Please email an expression of interest letter outlining your skills and experience and a recent resume to [email protected] for more information please call Jo Armstrong on 02 987 5621.
Please note: A full recruitment process will take place including an interview, references and police check, as well a thorough induction and ongoing training for the successful applicants.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.