There are currently five positions available within the Bible Society Australia Group:
National Media and Communications Manager
Founded in Australia in 1817, Bible Society Australia (BSA) has been a driving force to help translate, publish and distribute the Bible. The Society helps all people engage with the Bible by partnering with churches and other mission organisations.
Next year we will turn 200 years old – we are Australia’s longest living organisation – and we are continuing to grow. The Bible Society Australia group includes Koorong; a retailer of Christian books, Bibles, music, DVD’s and gifts, the Eternity newspaper; a national Christian newspaper and online free news service, and the Centre for Public Christianity; a media and research company, advocating for the Christian worldview in the mainstream media.
Our core business at Bible Society Australia is mission. We undertake around 30 international projects every year in many countries throughout Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Pacific, as well as a significant number of national projects in Australia, including work among indigenous communities, churches and youth.
We want to maximise the incredible opportunity we have to raise our profile and enhance our reputation as we celebrate our bicentenary and we need a committed and passionate Media and Communications Manager to help us do that!
The National Media and Communications Manager will coordinate all internal and external Public Relations communications and will report to the Group Chief Operating Officer. They will ensure that the BSA group is presented in the media and public relations space professionally and responsibly at all times.
The successful applicant will build and develop an effective and dynamic Bicentenary communications strategy that puts Bible Society Australia, and the important place of the Bible in Australian life, front and centre.
A growing organisation like the BSA group needs an effective and up to date communications strategy. This position will build and deliver that strategy.
There will be the opportunity for strong, collaborative work with other BSA managers and executives across a range of portfolios to develop relevant materials and products, and direct public relations in support of specific campaigns, appeals, events and products.
If you would like to join our passionate and committed team, you will need to be likewise. You will be committed to the Christian vision and values of the Bible Society Australia Group and an active member of a Christian church. While not-for-profit or Church/charities sector experience is desirable, it is not essential.
For a detailed position description, contact [email protected]
Applications should include a resume and covering letter addressing all areas expressed in ‘Competencies Required’ section of the Position Description.
Please send your application to [email protected]
Assistant Database Manager (Full time position)
Bible Society Australia is an Australian not-for-profit company dedicated to making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, a format they can use, and at a price they can afford. We also help people engage with the Bible, and advocate for its value for individual and social flourishing. Founded in 1817, BSA is part of a movement of 145 Bible Societies around the world.
Bible Society Australia is seeking a motivated and experienced Database Assistant Manager to join our team and strengthen its resources in the provision of quality service to all our donors, supporters and BSA clients.
The duties of the role include:
- Supervise all support staff and monitor the database for correctness and accuracy of data.
- Data extractions/reports, data queries and data analyzing.
- Prepare daily, weekly and month performance reports for management review.
- Training of staff in Thankq database.
- Assist in the development and training of the database team.
- Liaise in a professional and courteous way with donors, BSA Staff, suppliers and volunteers.
- Trouble shooting system/hardware errors, submitting ticket support and following up tickets ensuring they are resolved.
- Identify and resolve issues promptly and with attention to detail and completeness.
- Answering donor queries on donations, tax deductibility and appeals generally, providing clear and helpful guidance. Ensure donations are processed and receipted on a timely and accurate basis.
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience Team Manager/Supervising of staff 5+
- 5+ years experience data extractions, reporting, data queries, managing data and data analysing
- Demonstrated experience in delivering effective adult training on CRM systems
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel (will be tested), Word, Outlook and the ability to effectively use ThankQ database or similar
- Excellent written, oral, communication and English skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail in managing data
- Problem solver and can work independently
- Experience working in a not for profit organisation using CRM systems e.g. ThankQ, Raisers Edge etc will be highly regarded.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Ability to supervise/delegate work in a team environment and to share the load when required in order to meet tight deadlines. Able to work under pressure
- Committed to promoting the mission and values of Bible Society Australia
If this role sounds like you we would like to hear from you.
Applications to be tendered by email only. Please attach your resume to your application.
Your application should address all essential criteria listed above. General enquiries in regards to the position to be directed to Joanna Kaisala, Database Manager (Email: [email protected])
Graduate Marketing Assistant
Location: Erskine Park, NSW
Flexible part time or full time position
This exciting career role is ideal for an enthusiastic graduate or marketer with 1-2 years experience. If you possess excellent organisational skills and are passionate about promoting the Bible and promoting engagement with the Bible, this role will be the perfect opportunity for you. Encompassing a dynamic and varied workload, the role will involve contributing to the marketing plan as well as implementing and coordinating marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will bring strong project management skills to the table. Being both creative and highly organized, you will be focused on the big picture as well as the crucial details to ensure successful marketing campaigns are delivered with good ROI.
This role also provides the opportunity to balance your work, family, studies or other responsibilities. Working approximately 30-32 hours per week (or Full Time if preferred), the spread of these hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Creation of Marketing tactical planning and marketing briefs
- Coordination and implementation of marketing plan (digital and print)
- Product marketing including contribution to website marketing strategy and back end management
- Coordination and implementation of email marketing and contribution to social media marketing
- Liaison with the creative team and scheduling/workload management of designers to meet deadlines
- Input into and coordination of catalogues and other campaign support materials (as required)
- Partnering in parallel cross-company promotions within the BSA group
- Demonstrated experience and/or qualifications/studying in the field of marketing
- A keen understanding of marketing principles and trends
- Initiative and forward thinking/planning
- The ability to execute strategy and generate professional materials
- Well organised, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Excel and marketing automation platforms (eg. Bronto, Marketo or similar)
- Christian resources (especially Bibles) and industry knowledge (preferred)
- Retail/e-commerce experience/knowledge (preferred)
The successful applicant will also demonstrate outstanding attention to detail, have the ability to accurately set and meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
To apply, please send a resume with cover letter addressing the role criteria to [email protected]. Closing date: ASAP.
Digital Producer (part time contract)
Location: Sydney CBD
Flexible working hours
Centre for Public Christianity (CPX) is a research and media company that seeks to promote the public understanding of the Christian faith.
We are looking for a person to take on an exciting role overseeing the development of a digital platform for a major documentary project, and implementing a social media strategy to build an audience prior to launch.
The subject of the documentary is the impact of Christianity on the West. The digital platform will be the centrepiece of the project facilitating effective delivery of content, along with additional resources, to the widest possible audience.
To join a dynamic team and play a key role in this project please make an expression of interest by emailing [email protected] by Friday August 26th.
Volunteer Position: Church Agent
Advocate for the work of Bible Society in your church community
Hours flexible to suit your lifestyle
Sydney metropolitan locations
Bible Society Australia (BSA) is an Australian not-for-profit charity dedicated to making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, in a format they can use, and at a price they can afford. Founded in 1817, BSA is part of a fellowship of 152 Bible Societies around the world. The mission of BSA is to translate, publish, distribute and engage people with the Bible, both in Australia and internationally.
We are currently looking for people who are passionate about the Bible and willing to advocate for its importance in their community. This is a great opportunity to use a small amount of your time and people skills in your church community to help more people around the world gain access to the Bible.
The purpose of this position is to be a spokesperson for the work of BSA within your church community. The objective is to build relationships, good will and partnerships to aid the ongoing mission of BSA. This includes but is not limited to-
- Connecting with people in your church community about the work of BSA.
- Mobilising a network of people to pray via the BSA Prayer Partners program.
- Promotion of BSA events, fundraising and other activities in your local Christian community.
- Fundraising for BSA through connections with your church mission and aid committee and promotion of BSA’s regular appeals.
- Facilitation of other partnership opportunities where relevant and in conjunction with your local BSA Church and Community Relations Coordinator.
If this role sounds like you we would like to hear from you!
Please email an expression of interest letter outlining your skills and experience and a recent resume to [email protected] for more information please call Jo Armstrong on 02 9870 5621.
Please note: A full recruitment process will take place including an interview, references and police check, as well a thorough induction and ongoing training for the successful applicants.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.