There are currently two positions available at Bible Society Australia:
- Deputy Editor – Eternity and Bible Society News
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Finance Manager
- Volunteer Position: Church Agent
Deputy Editor – Eternity and Bible Society News
Work type: 12 months full time (maternity leave contract)
Location: Sydney – Macquarie Park. Will be relocating to Sydney CBD in last quarter of 2016.
Published by Bible Society Australia, Eternity is a national newspaper covering Christian news with a circulation of 100,000. It was conceived in 2009 as a monthly newspaper distributed to churches around the country. In 2012, Eternity began publishing daily stories as a news feed on the Bible Society Australia website. Eternity exists to expand the horizon of Australians and show how God is working throughout our country, for his glory.
In 2016, Eternity commences an exciting new chapter as we develop a full digital product for Eternity News online, on mobile and on social media to reach both Christians and non-Christians with news they’ll want to share.
We are looking for an energetic, well-organised, ideas-focused deputy editor. You will work within Bible Society Australia’s Content Portfolio, and primarily for its Eternity News digital platform, to help expand the Eternity brand.
From time to time you will also help with content strategy and execution for other Bible Society Australia brands.
We are seeking a team member who is organised and can juggle various competing deadlines and priorities, can help manage a new team of content producers, and loves to sniff out a good story.
You will report to and assist the Editor-in-Chief to increase the volume and quality of Eternity News and Bible Society content. You will help oversee a team of content producers working on multimedia stories for digital platforms as well as the monthly hardcopy newspaper that is distributed to over 3000 churches across Australia.
This role will also coordinate cooperation and assist other BSA brands to work together in sharing content and resources (where appropriate).
- Assist the Editor-in-Chief in driving Eternity into the digital age
- Coordinate and oversee the daily news desk for Eternity Digital. Responsible for ensuring delivery of the necessary content output for Eternity Digital’s new platform. Direct report of Eternity’s video journalists, and writers.
- To source and build up a list of freelance contributors for online publication, and establish a network of new writers
- Work with the design and production team on digital news in different formats to ensure content is always compelling
- Be involved in the timely and efficient statistical gathering and analysis for Eternity Digital
- Work with the advertising team on digital advertising strategies
- Responsible for Eternity’s social media presence, with direct report of Eternity’s social media producer
- Generate, commission and review content for Eternity
- Contribute to the development of the Eternity digital yearly budget and reporting requirements
- Supervise sub-editing team for monthly publication
- Contribute content to the hardcopy newspaper and other related projects
Bible Society News / Content
- Develop and manage a content schedule for Bible Society digital news content, working with the Bible Society marketing team and producers to meet regular deadlines
- Working with Bible Society’s marketing team and social media producer to curate social content that showcases the work of Bible Society and promotes the Bible
- Strong interest in news and current affairs and how faith interacts in this setting
- Demonstrated experience in news gathering, editing and writing
- A demonstrated understanding of best practice content creation for the web and social media platforms
- Proven ability to think quickly and adapt to change tactics in response to situations
- Proven ability to manage competing deadlines with a creative and collaborative approach
- Experience using a web-based content management system like WordPress (or similar)
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to work within, and help direct, a team
Salary based on experience.
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria, listed above, to [email protected]
Digital Marketing Manager
- Drive the organisation’s online market presence
- Work with one of the world’s most reputable Christian outreach organisations
- Convenient Sydney CBD location
Bible Society Australia is a not-for-profit charity whose purpose is to transform the lives of people in Australia and throughout the world. Bible Society Australia (BSA) carries out this mission by making the Bible and other Christian resources accessible to people seeking to know more about the Word of God.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, your principal responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns across a variety of digital channels
- Deliver engaging digital communications and content that maximises supporter recruitment, retention and ongoing support
- Develop appeals programs and donor development communications
- Build and project manage the digital marketing calendar
- Ensure a consistent approach to quality and brand delivery in the digital environments
- Monitor, analyse and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Ensure campaigns are compliant with marketing industry regulations and BSA brand guidelines
- Work closely with BSA’s sub brands – Koorong, Eternity and Centre For Public Christianity to promote its core mission
This role will suit a digital marketing professional currently in a marketing management position or someone ready to take that next step into a high impact, key leadership role. Ideally you will have:
- Genuine capacity and preparedness to align with and contribute to the ethos and values of BSA and its core mission
- Experience in developing and managing digital marketing campaigns
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Communications or Marketing, and/or relevant industry experience
- Strong desire to be creative, drive forward new and fresh ideas, and be solutions-driven
- Sound numerical and analytical skills
- A creative and innovative approach to digital marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects to time and budget constraints
- Copy writing or graphic design skills is desirable
For a confidential discussion please contact Anthony Spata on 0402 210 055.
Applications close Friday, 22 July 2016.
Applications must include a Cover Letter (including how your skills and experience align with the requirements of the role) and Resume and be sent to:
Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources
Email: [email protected].
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Location: Macquarie Park, Sydney
Bible Society Australia (BSA) is an Australian not-for-profit charity dedicated to making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, in a format they can use, and at a price they can afford. Founded in 1817, BSA is part of a fellowship of 146 Bible Societies around the world. The mission of BSA is to translate, publish, distribute and engage people with the Bible, both in Australia and internationally.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this is a key hands-on role in the Bible Society finance team providing support for operations around Australia.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Preparation of monthly management reports, the annual budget, and assist in the preparation of annual financial accounts and reports;
• Supervising key functions of the finance team, including accounts payable, accounts receivable bank reconciliations and payroll; including entering and approving invoices, journals and payments in BSA finance systems TechnologyOne and Netsuite;
• Preparing and reviewing tax compliance particularly in the areas of BAS, DGR donations, and FBT;
• Reviewing/preparing general ledger reconciliations, including balance sheet, fixed asset and payroll reconciliations, and ensuring that these are completed within the required timeframes;
• Ensuring you have a good working knowledge of the accounting systems we are using and continue to invest time in learning and improving your knowledge of these systems so that you are able to help and train others in these; and
• Assisting with other tasks of the finance team as required.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have:
• You will be CA/CPA qualified or approaching qualification, with five years’ experience. You will be adaptable by nature, and have the ability to form excellent working relationships with finance and non-finance staff.
• Enjoy the detail with taking pride in accuracy.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Flexibility – able to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks.
• Team player and ability to achieve tight deadlines.
• High level of quality assurance skills and the capacity to quickly identify, analyse and resolve problems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills so that information exchange is effective with internal staff, donors, management and other stakeholders.
• Advanced PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, in particular Excel.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience considered desirable:
• Proven Office / Staff Management skills
• Experience with TechnologyOne and/or Netsuite software
If this role sounds like you we would like to hear from you.
Please email a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria, listed above, to [email protected]
Volunteer Position: Church Agent
Advocate for the work of Bible Society in your church community
Hours flexible to suit your lifestyle
Sydney metropolitan locations
Bible Society Australia (BSA) is an Australian not-for-profit charity dedicated to making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, in a format they can use, and at a price they can afford. Founded in 1817, BSA is part of a fellowship of 152 Bible Societies around the world. The mission of BSA is to translate, publish, distribute and engage people with the Bible, both in Australia and internationally.
We are currently looking for people who are passionate about the Bible and willing to advocate for its importance in their community. This is a great opportunity to use a small amount of your time and people skills in your church community to help more people around the world gain access to the Bible.
The purpose of this position is to be a spokesperson for the work of BSA within your church community. The objective is to build relationships, good will and partnerships to aid the ongoing mission of BSA. This includes but is not limited to-
- Connecting with people in your church community about the work of BSA.
- Mobilising a network of people to pray via the BSA Prayer Partners program.
- Promotion of BSA events, fundraising and other activities in your local Christian community.
- Fundraising for BSA through connections with your church mission and aid committee and promotion of BSA’s regular appeals.
- Facilitation of other partnership opportunities where relevant and in conjunction with your local BSA Church and Community Relations Coordinator.
If this role sounds like you we would like to hear from you!
Please email an expression of interest letter outlining your skills and experience and a recent resume to [email protected] for more information please call Jo Armstrong on 02 987 5621.
Please note: A full recruitment process will take place including an interview, references and police check, as well a thorough induction and ongoing training for the successful applicants.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.